Saturday, August 18, 2012

Shades of Gray Swap

Well, I've done it again!!  I have fallen under the spell of a swap...If you click on the "Shades of Gray" over there on the right, you will be linked to the gal who is responsible for this swap!  I think there may be a few more openings if you are interested. And there will be a link to the Flickr account where everyone is posting their "shade of gray" fabric.

I went shopping yesterday after my guild meeting to get my yardage for the swap thinking that shades of gray would be no problem to find!!  There were several, but not as many as I had hoped...I really wanted a batik but any batiks I saw also had other colors..not just gray.  And many other fabrics had large prints and we are doing 5" charm blocks so large prints would not work!  I finally settled on this Robert Kaufman fabric which, the  more I look at it, the more I like it!!  I got more than necessary for the swap because it may become my focus fabric.
Shades of Gray Swap
Fortunately, all this will not come together for awhile which is a good thing as I am working like crazy to get my quilts ready for our guild show the end of September.  There is a possibility that I have overplanned!!!  Nah!! I'll git 'er done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment