Saturday, January 9, 2010

Frog Fact # 6 and Food Facts




Horned Frog fact #6: "The typical horned lizard is 3 to 5 inches long." And yet they look so fierce!!!  Wait until I get to the "defensive moves" fact!



Today we are going to go to a swim meet to see Kathleen be marvelous with her High School swim team.  Then Dick and I are going into Fort Worth to get our H1N1 vaccination.  The hospital where he volunteers once a week is giving shots to vols and family members.  Then I think we will stop by Mimi's cafe for lunch.  I was on line at their website to get the recipe for Buttermilk Spice muffins, and while there...I signed up to be a member of their e-club.  So as a newly signed member, I rec'd a coupon for a free breakfast entree...which they serve all day.

I have become quite the restaurant coupon person...most of them will send out coupons either monthly or at least for special occassions like birthdays and anniversary and I am all for free food!!  Some of my favorites are Blue Mesa, Red-Hot-and Blue BBQ, Cold Stone Creamery, Rockfish, and now Mimi's.

Yesterday, my quilting friends came and we cut out 900 four inch squares and made up 150 kits with instructions to hand out at the guilt meeting next week.  Hopefully, the kits will all get signed out and then sewn together and turned back in  by the February meeting.  I "paid" my workers  for all their hard work by feeding them broccoli-cheese soup and muffins.....tasted pretty good on such a cold day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment