Friday, December 25, 2015

Day Twenty Five of Blogging Challenge

2015 Christmas Cookies!
     Merry Christmas to all!!!! I hope you are all having as great a time as I am! We did get this year's Christmas cookies made. Yesterday my daughter from McKinney and I went to the Kimbell to see the Callibotte exhibit. Then to the Botanical Gardens to enjoy this beautiful weather. The temperature has been 70+ for the high for several days. I think that is about to come to an end in a day or two and get cold! I had rolled my little cactus farm out but will have to get them back in then.
      Today, my other daughter, SIL, and two grands will be over for Christmas Dinner, the traditional treasure trove of stockings, and the gift exchange! Again traditionally, stockings will be stuffed in the following manner...first a large orange (click on orange to read where that tradition comes from) goes in the toe, then each stocking will receive a magazine the interest level matching the owner; lots if a variety of candies and what ever gadgets Santa can find, and the traditional travel size lotions, toothpaste, deodorant, etc!!! Last, a candy cane stuck in the top!

      Our Christmas dinner menu this year: 
       Bacon- wrapped roasted pork loin, scalloped potatoes, broccoli rice casserole, hot rolls, two kinds of fruit jello..dark cherry and lime with cream cheese and pineapple. And for dessert, a choice of chocolate cream pie, cherry crisp, or blackberry cobbler! Oh, and Christmas cookies! 

1 comment: