Monday, December 14, 2015

Day Fourteen of Blogging Challenge

     About a month ago, my church held a big fund raiser...a dinner and auction. Part of the auction was silent with many donated items one could write down a bid in a given period of time. The high bid at the end of the evening got the item. Some donations were items...art work, jewelry, donated theater tickets, etc..
      Other items up for bid were services; for example:  a meal, a home made gift, a made-to-order personalized counted cross stitch. I have been doing elaborate calligraphy- ish lettering for quite awhile, usually personalized birthday cards. A friend of mine suggested I donate my service of making Initials which could be matted and framed as gifts. So I created my own last name initial as an example and offered three letters to be purchased.
                     
My last name initial
     I did have three people who won the bids so creating their chosen initials has become my most current focus! I am pretty sure they will want to have them for  Christmas, so now that the Villas' holiday festivities are over, I will be spending the next few days with pen in hand! I don't think I will be showing them...just in case the recipient reads my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment