Saturday, December 5, 2015

Day Five of Blogging Challenge



       I almost missed day five of the blog but here it is....  

     We moved to Texas over thirty years ago;  living in Arlington for about 20 years, then bought a couple acres of land and built our "retirement" home when we retired.  We had 12-13 really great years there but knew the time would come that we would need to move back to "town". And when it did, we found the Villas in Fort Worth. I love my condo; I have great neighbors and I am within about five minutes of any thing I want or need; and Fort Worth has the greatest cultural district.
        Last week I went to the Kimbell to see the Gustav Callibotte exhibit.
Self Portrait

I especially like his architectural paintings

The Yerres, Rain - Gustave Caillebotte
But this was my favorite at the exhibit! A landscape....I don't think I had seen any of his landscapes before.
     I also visited the Amon Carter Museum last week to see the Folk Art exhibit which I will blog about tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment