Sunday, March 8, 2009

Still no rain!

Today was hot and sunny! It is beautiful and would appreciate the sun if we didn't need rain so badly! And I had fixed veggie/beef soup for dinner...it is supposed to be much cooler by the end of the week so maybe we will have it again and it will be more enjoyable!

I did finish my inventory for the guild library today, just need to double check it and tweak a couple of things; then need to put the pockets and check out cards in the "new" books. After that I can take them to the next guild meeting and be done with it!!! Once I got started, it really wasn't that bad of a job; I just procrastinated too long!

I now have my next block from the Creative Crones on my design wall to add to...it is very neat! I like to put the new ones up to think about what I want to do. I have a pretty good idea for this one, but will let the idea "bake" for a few days. I would like to publish it, but I don't want to show it until we have our final trade. When we have them all, I will publish all of them.

I am also working on a quilt for a friend who really likes my"Southwest Twister". I never like to do the same thing twice so I am making this one from a "Snail's Trail" design and it will have tesselating colors, too.
I first named this one "The One that Got Away" but changed it to "Southwest Twister"
Today while we were eating breakfast and reading the Sunday paper (a lengthy event!), a flock of Cedar Waxwings landed in a tree right outside the window. There must have been about 50 of them! They were just passing through on their migration South...they stuck around most of the morning then took off. They fly as one; when one takes off, they all do in unison!

4 comments:

  1. I love your colorful Southwest Twister. happy to always comment on a new blogger. Your pics of SF are wonderful. I kow what 900 pics look like, when visit Caribbean we do that too. enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt. I always have loved this one.

    The birds were flying South or heading North after wintering? If must have been amazing watching them all fly, no matter which direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this quilt Jay~!!~ and am really enjoying my quick sprint through your blog~!~! i will be back for sure.

    :)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete