Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Continuing on for today

I like to use color...did you notice? I also am registered with a Bernina Yahoo group which is very interesting and helpful. We have occassional postcard trades, the current one being "USA Inauguration". I just mailed mine yesterday; made six of them. See below:
I made the background fabric with the freezer paper, muslin, inkjet printer method. I get a kick out of doing my own.


I also have a joke I got from my Yahoo! group: What do you get if you cross an agnostic, an insomniac and a dyslexic? Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a dog.

Being a bit of an agnostic myself and a borderline dyslexic, I thought it was pretty funny!!


I am lucky enough to have met and joined up with a wonderful group of quilters. We all belong to the TVQG and organized a "splinter" group because of a common interest...art quilts! So I will be talking about what we do quite a bit too. We are registered as "studio Q"; we started out as the Creative Crones but some of the younger (under 50ish) members didn't like the association with "crones" so we changed to accommodate all! I like both names, thus my blog title! One of the first things we did together last year was to pass around a beginner block and each member add a border etc. to it. When we were all finished, we had a drawing to see who would get the completed wall hanging. This year we all wanted to have something to show for our efforts, so we started out with everyone making a block of their choice and passing it around each month that we meet to be added to. We will have a "reveal" and get our own back in a couple more exchanges! Then we hope to have a group showing of "Art quilts from studio Q" at our quilt show in the fall.
Our first group wall hanging-"Out of the Box".

No comments:

Post a Comment