Friday, January 20, 2012

Sketchbook Challenge Jan.2012

Sketchbook Challenge Jan.2012 1 by arts1plus
Sketchbook Challenge "Doodle" January, 2012

The Sketchbook Challenge "Doodle" was certainly right up my alley!!  Doodling is what I do a lot of!!
I had started this in a new sketchbook I bought myself for Christmas...I was in a doctor's office waiting for my husband to get through with some testing...and it just grew from there.  Looking forward to the next month's challenge.  Another Zentange challenge is in the works.  The Diva who challenges us, took a few weeks off but came back on line this week with a challenge..."Purple Haze"...I have it finished and will post it tomorrow.
     Today was my guild's monthly meeting... We had a huge crowd...the weather is really nice now...was 81 today!  Hard to believe it is January....this is really warm even for Texas!  Anyway, Susan Cleveland was our speaker...very entertaining and talented.  She is from Minnesota so we loved her accent and she said she loved ours!  Check out her website .....she has lots of really beautiful quilts to show us and many interesting techniques to share.  Those who took her workshop yesterday said it was one of the best they have ever had!  Sorry I missed it.
     I can't remember if I have mentioned that I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas....I LOVE it!!  I am becoming kind of APPS crazy!  Fortunately for my pocketbook, there are a lot of free ones out there.  Having the Kindle for reading is pretty nice too, but I like it every bit as much for the access to the Internet.


2 comments:

  1. i like the ribbony bits flowing away from the main design . . .
    i've been thinking about joining into the sketchbook challenge but have quite a few irons in the fire all ready. for now i sketch or tangle when i can and call it good.
    i did see (recently) on a blog a zentangle calendar that was meant to be doodled in daily and thought it looked like a great way for me to possibly catalog new zentangles into. is this something you have seen or tried? now that i think about ita bit more i suppose i could just get a small sketchbook and do the same thing.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed the meeting on Friday. Wanted to be there.

    ReplyDelete