The Diva is taking a few weeks off from the Zentangle challenges so I have improvised my own challenge! I am doing the Alphabet with the zentangle designs inside each letter with patterns starting with that letter.
This year I have decided to join a class called "One Little Word". It is sponsored by a website Ali has established for many creative classes and ideas. I didn't realize that the main focus on the site is scrapbooking which I am not into in a big way, but I do like journaling and that seems to be a secondary emphasis...and I love words so the title of this workshop is what caught my eye.
My word for the year is NATURE! I don't know for sure what we are going to do with one word all year..."lessons"/ideas will be forth coming. But until that happens, I am going out on a limb on my own and begin:
Definition: (a noun)
Origin: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin-natura from natus, past participle of nasci-to be born
First use: 14th Century
1. The inherent character or basic constitution of a person or thing .
2. a. A creative and controlling force in the universe.
b. An inner force or the sum of such forces in an individual.
3. a kind or class usually distinguished by fundamental or essential
4. The physical constitution or drives of an organism.
5. A spontaneous attitude (as of generosity)
6. The external world in its entirety.
7. a. Humankind's original natural condition.
b. A simplified mode of life resembling this condition.
8. The genetically controlled qualities of an organism.
9. Natural scenery.
|Nature...at its best!!!|