Friday, December 16, 2016

Samaritan House

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” 
― John Bunyan


Logo for Samaritan House
     Once a month a committee from my church takes a turn going to Samaritan House, serving the Supper Club to the residents there.  We buy fried chicken to feed from 20-35 people each time. And we all take sides and desserts.  They tell us they like our food best because most of what we bring is home-made!  I could say that they probably say that to all their benefactors, but I won't...it is a good feeling to think they are getting a home made meal!

     Samaritan House has been around since 1991 and has had a lot of people go through their doors. This link will take you to the their website which explains the House itself...history, location, needs, etc.  According to the website there are 35 groups which take part in the Supper Club as we do. And you will see there are many other ways one can pitch in to help.

      Being this was our December time, they are decorated for Christmas.  Last week when we had our dinner here at my Villas, one of our decorations was a beautiful gingerbread house.  Patty Bowles is one of my neighbors here and it was given to her by one of her students whose grandmother had made it for her.  So Patty, whose grandkids don't live near here, wanted to give it away to someone who might enjoy it.  I thought of Samaritan House and took it up there this evening when I went for Supper Club.

Gingerbread House...I wish I knew the woman's name who made it but I don't!
It was very much enjoyed by the residents of Sam House. I hope they will go ahead and eat it in a few days!


2 comments:

  1. Love that about the gingerbread house; I know it spread cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really appreciate all the support we receive in this worthy cause. It is really a win-win situation. A win for the people who enjoy our food each month and for all of us who enjoy giving of ourselves and the fellowship with all the peope involved.

    ReplyDelete