Saturday, November 12, 2016

Hibiscus Hope

“We dream to give ourselves hope. To stop dreaming - well, that’s like saying you can never change your fate.” 
― Amy TanThe Hundred Secret Senses



        I'm kind of overwhelmed by the reaction to my early morning rant Wednesday!  but I have to say I am not missing FB, news, talk radio, nor the paper.  I have been more relaxed and productive for the first time in a long time!  Cleansing negativity out of our lives is something I highly recommend.

Tropical Hibiscus
          I had this beautiful tropical Hibiscus last summer on my patio and we had such a mild winter that when spring came, it began greening up and putting out leaves.  It was a lovely green plant all summer long.  I watered it religiously along with all my other stuff but it never bloomed.  Then came our unseasonably hot fall...followed by cool weather finally...and some welcome rain! Lo, and behold! My green  Hibiscus has put out several buds which have bloomed into these lovely blossoms! Last fall, I just left it out which I will do this winter too unless we get some cold forecast. So we'll see. Maybe I'll have some fall blooms next year!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment