Thursday, November 17, 2016

This and That

“This is where it all begins. Everything starts here, today.” 
― David NichollsOne Day


     Well, I have broken my vow of no news!!  Actually, I haven't really broken it, just slightly modified it.  Last night I was at dinner with some friends and someone mentioned that Gwen Ifill had passed away.
gwen-ifill
I have admired her for so many years; she has been my one source of good news reporting on PBS and her Friday show Washington Week.  I had no idea she was even sick so it came as a great shock to me to hear this!  Therefore, I have amended my stance on no news!  So here is my new plan...I also admire Charlie Rose, also of PBS so I am taping his show and the News Hour on PBS.  That way I can fast forward through any crap I don't really want to hear about....any negative stuff...but still be kind of in the moment on what is going on. We'll see how that goes!
     On a different note, last Sunday, I went to the last performance of the year at Amphibian Theater.

Amphibian Theater 2016 Theater Season
The last one was "Smart, Pretty, Funny"...it was OK, kind of cute, but the one thing I took away from it had very little to do with the play itself.  The Amphibian theater is a small intimate theater where the front row is actually on the same level at the stage.  So as the actors play their roles they may be just a few feet from the audience.  We were on the first row....in this one scene, one of the characters picks up a Clementine...those little oranges/mandarins...began to peel it and eat it!  Right in front of me!  Those little guys have a wonderful odor!  The next day, I was at the grocery story and HAD to buy a bag of them....fortunately they are zero calories on the Weight Watcher point scale!

I guess it's a good thing they were not eating donuts or chocolate cake!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment