Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Great Week..TVQG 2012 Quilt Show and More!!

I have had a really marvelous week!!  The best thing to have happen is that my buddy had his last chemo this past Tuesday...now just need to get the PET scan and report to be in the clear!!

And I got a package off to my granddaughter in college and heard back from her right away!!  And my grandson, a freshman at a new (for him) high school is just fitting right in!

And my personal news....our guild quilt show which ends today..was very successful for me.  I entered five quilts and came home with three ribbons...plus the little frog quilt that I donated to our scholarship auction brought a whopping $110.00 dollars!!  That really knocked my socks off!! A live auction is really the way to make the money...people get real competitive and crazy!

"Go, Frogs"- my auction donation


Here are my ribbon winning quilts:

Miniature Log Cabin-3rd place

"RA, the Sun God" 2nd place in the art quilts

"100 Years of Girl Scouts"-A Winner of the Guild Challenge
The guild challenge is a annual endeavor.  The topic changes each year according to the theme of the show.  The title of this quilt show is "Remember When" so the challenge was to make a quilt, no larger than 36", about a memory....Rather than have first, second, etc. place winners, the judges choose five that they feel best depict the theme. Because this is the 100th year birthday of the Girl Scouts, and because I have a history that goes back nearly 60 years and 4 generations, I decided to do a quilt in memory of....I had fun finding the pictures on line...old magazine picture covers with girl scouts on them, pictures of badges, etc.  and I included pictures of my mom, myself, my girls and my granddaughter...the four generations!! And I guess the judges liked the idea so chose me as one of the five!

Now need to run into Fort Worth to help take down the show and pick up my quilts...then think about getting ready for the show next year!!

3 comments:

  1. Well deserved ribbons and excellent auction price on the horned toad. Unfortunately I missed the show this year for the first time in probably 10 years! boo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on your ribbons and the success of the "Go Frogs" piece~!

    happy to hear your good news too.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have paid $111 for it!! Glad the week was so great!!

    ReplyDelete