Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Advent and More



JESSE TREE
During Advent, biblical persons representing the ancestors of Jesus, either in faith or bloodline, are gradually added onto a tree or branch, named after the father of David. The symbols such as Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Jesse, David, Solomon, Joseph and Mary can be drawn, cut out or purchased.
This Advent tradition is a new one to me.  But I think it is pretty neat so I am including it in my Advent Info.
One of the blogs I follow had a really neat 3D paper Christmas ornament. I think a lot of these patterns could be made from fabric also.  On the way to that site I found another one that has gobs of how to's.  Just click on the following and it should take you to that site.... paper 3D snowflake .


No comments:

Post a Comment