Monday, January 9, 2017

Be The One

“Stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand alone.” 
― Suzy Kassem


      I saw this video on FB a few weeks ago and a couple days ago, a dear friend sent the link to me in an email.  So just in case you didn't see it..here it is!  https://vimeo.com/193125533
After you see it all the way through ....it won't take long....you will understand my title!

When I decided to forgo any news and newspapers, I searched for a media that I  could abide and still be in touch  with the real world in a more positive way.  I love GOOGLE, You Tube, and TED Talks...so I googled (that has actually become a legal verb) "positive news sites" and I found a couple that I now subscribe to.  One of them is "Daily Good: News That Inspires".

The Daily Good logo
DailyGood is a portal that shares inspiring quotes and news stories that focus on the "good" we can find in our world daily along with a simple action to continue that goodness. Since 1999, it has delivered positive news to subscriber inboxes for free by volunteers every day.

 Some of the titles on today's edition which I get via email once I signed up are.."Wisdom from the Women at Standing Rock", "Do You Like Me? Do I?", "How to Do Things You Actually Want to Do". Now I haven't read all these yet, but so far, any article I have chosen to read from this site has been very "read worthy"....so much more positive and uplifting than the usual news sources.  Click on the link if this is something you might be interested in reading more of.

2 comments:

  1. I am interested, Jay, but I also am involved in several campaigns to help to right some of the wrongs we understand that the Trump administration is going to implement. I guess I am more of a political being than you are. We all serve, each in our own way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video---oh my---I needed to see that today more than you will ever know. Wow, just wow. Thanks so much Jay; that's the most powerful thing I've seen in many months! Now I must figure out how to share it.

    ReplyDelete