Monday, June 10, 2013

Memory Monday #23

    When I was a kid we didn't have television until I was about 14..so we did a lot of radio listening!  And having to create mental pictures of what was going on was not a problem at all!  In fact, I think those of my generation probably had much keener imaginations because of NOT having everything visually presented to us! I'm just sayin'!
A table radio from the 1940's
    We had mysteries, westerns, adventures, dramas, humor...we had it all! Some of my favorite shows were the Westerns: "The Lone Ranger",  "Roy Rogers", "Gene Autry", "Hopalong Cassidy"...and for Adventure, you couldn't beat "Rin Tin Tin" and "Sergeant Preston of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police"!  And my favorite Mystery was "Inner Sanctum" or more commonly known as "The Squeaking Door"!  It was very scary...but I loved it..probably where my fondness for SciFi and Horror shows stems.  Turn up your volume and click on the link and you, too, can enjoy the show!!
     While searching the Internet for old radio shows, I came across this website which is a non-profit archival site that has JILLIONS of downloadable information...check it out! I have bookmarked it so I can return to it again and again!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment