Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Versatile Log Cabin




Several years ago I acquired a paper pieced pattern from someone...can't even remember who!  And when I decided to follow the Scrappy Challenge, last month being red, I chose to make up these squares...each being a 2" square and a total of 36.  While deciding which layout to use, I remembered why I love the log cabin!  It is such a versatile block...these are just a few of the layouts you can use.  I know Flavin Glover
uses the log cabin in many of her quilts. If you are not familiar with her (and who isn't) check out her website...fascinating!!!

The layout I chose..adding a black border..total size w/ border 18" square.
Now I just need to decide how to quilt it...I am a little late for the Scrappy Challenge by a couple of weeks...this month is green.  Maybe I can get green done in time for St. Pat's Day in March!!!

1 comment:

  1. love the black border on your red and white log cabin~!
    i'll have to check out the link to Flavin Glover, thanks for including it.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete