Saturday, August 20, 2011

Challenge #35-"Tile on a Tile"

     This week's challenge from the diva came from a guest artist, Margaret Bremner.  She has several really cool tiles on her website as well as many new "tangles" so be sure to check her out!  I really liked this challenge....and I think I have finally figured out how to download my pictures of tiles to look better.  The notebook I am using to draw in has a really fat spiral and now that I am about half way thru it, my tiles seemed to be kind of fuzzy when I scan them...now I am taking them out of the sketchbook after I finish and they seem to reproduce clearer.

"Tile on a Tile"

"Just like life itself,
Growing, evolving, changing.
A tile on a tile!"

      And now, I must go work on my challenge quilt for our guild show!  I am doing a lot of hand quilting and embellishments which are time consuming, but enjoyable...I can get lost in doing something like this!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I like how your 'ribbons' curl around the back or trail off at the edges.
    --Margaret

    ReplyDelete