Monday, March 29, 2010

Finally, It is Spring!

" A Day without sunshine is like....Night!"

I found a bunch of "quotes" in the Senior News that I found pretty funny so a few of those will be my quotes for awhile.

The weather has finally decided to be nice..today was in the 70's...all the trees are really budding out and getting green.  We planted geraniums yesterday and hope they will not become deer fodder. Dick has his tomato crop going, and the plants have actually survived a couple of mild frosts.

Saturday we went out with friends to dinner and to a concert at the Bass.  The concert was "Route 66: A Medley of Songs Honoring the first four lane hiway from Chicago to Los Angeles".  Very fun and I love the architecture of the Bass...just one more reason why Fort Worth is such a special city.  We don't go "downtown" very often, being out here in the country, so it was really nice to se so much activity...people enjoying themselves every where!

I finally got all of the Donation Quilt 2010 finished and off to the quilter.  Here is a pic of the back on my living room floor!  I tried to use up a lot of the left over donated fabric; all left for me now is to make the label and sleeve to be able to hang it for display.  I will use the leftover blocks to make a smaller top to give away to those who donated time and fabric...but that won' have to be ready until next fall....last year we had the drawing at the Christmas party and that was kind of fun.

Today, the last Monday of the month, was the meeting of my art bee...studioQ.  Nine of the thirteen met here at my house.  Our activity this time was to bring something to share...an idea, a technique, an article from a magazine or book, etc.  We first had our Show and Tell...our recipe ingredient this time was polka dots or something mysterious.  I didn't get mine done except for the drawing of it, but several did.  I don't know how many more ingredients we have yet to do because the person who has the remaining ideas wasn't here today, so we don't yet know what we will be doing for next time.  Here are a few of the quilt tops shown today.
This is Susan's recipe quilt.
Sue showed the start of a free motion thread embellishing.
Nancy showed her latest blocks and flowers.
Heather had gone to a class on working with various elements.

Now that I am through with the Donation Quilt, I am going to get busy on doing stuff for ME!  I have nothing started for the show as yet...time's awastin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment