Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hey, ma...no cavities!!

"To create one's world in any of the arts takes courage." Georgia O'Keeffe

I had a dental checkup today..except for a few crowns, I am glad to say I have all my own teeth!!  Not too bad for someone almost 70, right?  And my dentist said all looks good, that these teeth should do me for many a year...and that is my plan too...at least 26.6   more years!

After going to the dentist, Dick and I drove out to the National Military Cemetary east of Grand Prairie off of Spur303/hiway 408.  We were curious about it as we are eligible and, although we have no immediate plans for use, wanted check it out.  It is a beautiful location...I knew it was somewhere in the area but had no idea how very large it is.  We got some information...they hold approimately 3000 (no, I did not mistype) services/interrments a year!

After that little field trip, we headed back to Fort Worth to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Blue Mesa, for lunch...and of course, ate to the groaning stage!  But we worked some of it off by going to the Modern to see the Andy Warhol display that is there at this time. 

Now, I am facsinated by Warhol...mainly because he was somewhat from my youth...college, etc. and partially because I am amazed that he was so successful.  I have finally come to the conclusion that what he was really the master of is Bull----!  And more power to him....his art and many of the modernist remind me of the story of the Emperor's New Clothes.  I do like some Modern Art but I think much of it is truly overrated!  The Modern itself is a beautiful building and houses many wonders that I love, so I don't want to totally give the wrong impression, but there you are!
The Modern of Fort Worth (a work of art in itself)


1 comment:

  1. 1. Congratulations on the good teeth.
    2. REALLY?!? 26+ more years?!? When will you no longer notice if things go missing from the house so that I can start pilfering?
    3. I thought we were going to take you up to Alaska and put you on an ice flow and not worry about you...now we have to think about a plot and everything?!?
    4. Just realized that Dad has never discussed with me what he'd like to have done.
    5. Right there with you regarding most Modern Art (and some of the other art genres).
    6. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete