Friday, February 5, 2010

Monoprinting Fun!

"The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible." Oscar Wilde

This is my collection of monoprinting done with metalic paints on black fabric.  This is the process that my studioQ group did Monday on the gelatin blocks.  A very fun project!!  And inexpensive...I have so much paint collected from other projects; the gelatin blocks take no time or money to make!

A closeup of one of the larger gelatin monoprints.  Now to get busy and make something with them! When I was in Houston, I purchased some very neat silk fabric in some lush colors I think I will use and incorporate some of these and maybe some beading.

This afternoon, we went to the "Y" for our biweekly sessions; they are remodeling and getting new equipment so it is kind of a mess right now, but we perservere!!  On the way home, we stopped by the mechanic's to pick up the truck which had been very dead...I was waiting while Dick went in to pay, and to see if it was going to make it OK.  Then when I tried to start the car, it would not start!!! No one could take time to start it then, so we came on home in the truck...called later...went back up.  The owner fired it right up but he knew that there was something wrong with the starter!  So left it there to be worked on and we are back to having one vehicle in the garage!!  I swear, if one more thing goes wrong around here, I am going to think we are really cursed!!!



1 comment:

  1. your gelatin blocks remind me of snowflakes and the 60's ~ lol ~

    i can hardly wait to see what you morph them into~!!~

    :)
    libbyQ

    p.s. love the quote~!!~

    ReplyDelete