Thursday, February 11, 2016

Around the Villas

     Last night, I was honored to serve dinner to three lovely ladies who live here in my condos, Villas on the Bluff. All of us are single Seniors and like to cook....and to eat! So a few months ago we decided to take turns hosting dinner for each other and last night was my turn. When I am hosting, I like to try out new recipes so this time, as it was Ash Wednesday, I made crab cakes! And they were pretty tasty if I do say so myself.

      Tuesday of this week our Villas Book Club met. "Boys in the Boat" was our choice for this month. 
I loved this book and highly recommend it! Very inspiring!  Each month a member will pick a book to read and discuss. We are doing a series on classics this year. We read "The Picture of Dorian Grey" last month. Then got together to watch the old black and white movie which actually stayed pretty close to the book!
And next  month, we are reading a couple of Jack London's "Call of the Wild" and "White Fang", both great stories. I am really enjoying rereading some of my favorites again!




2 comments:

  1. The crab cakes look fabulous! I haven't read "Boys in the Boat" yet, but someone else also recommended. I'll have to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some great books you all have read. You've been quite inspirational this month with your literary advice and quizzes. Good for you and your 3 friends hosting each other for dinners. Keeping connected like that is good for body and soul. And the crab cakes look delish.

    ReplyDelete