Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June Already...where did May go???

This is my "whimsical" block...from our first drawing of my "bee's" new challenge. We met yesterday and everyone had theirs to show; then for our second drawing, we have to do "overlapping circles"...not a problem as I love doing circles!

This is a closeup of my second in my series from the Art Workbook I am going through. This topic was to be on photocopying pics from the computer and making your own fabric, etc. After putting it together, I decided to do some hand quilting. I am very pleased with the results.


This is "Wheels:# Two"...it is about 9" x 12" as was my first one. The little trike in the corner is a pin I had....the pics are from places we have traveled to...the large one-the Smithsonian, then one spinning wheel from Philedelphia, PA visitors center, one from Mt. Vernon, and then, my favorite...from Flagstaff AZ on a trip with the kids.
I love my studio Q group! We just keep inspiring each other....what a creative bunch of gals!! I put pictures from our meeting yesterday out on Flickr...here is the link... http://www.flickr.com/photos/74529469@N00/sets/72157619126092148/ After you see the pics you will know what I mean. The RR pictures are of our Round Robin which we passed around for several months and have now returned to the perspective owners. We are hoping to have a "special" exhibition of our quilts at our Guild Quilt show in the fall. The other pictures are our regular show and tell. I am blown away by Susan's "Log Cabin" which she has done for the guild challenge.



1 comment:

  1. I always love your stuff!! I can't wait to see what more you do with the whimsical theme!!

    ReplyDelete