Saturday, February 14, 2015

My "100"...Cardinal in the Snow

     The 100 Fiber Artists for the Cure ended last week.  A very successful donation!  The "auction" started at 10:00AM on Wednesday, February 4; Virginia Spiegel, the fiber artist who coordinated the Fundraiser had donors  go to her website and donate $100.00 per fiber art work from 100 Artists', of which I was one.  In 2 1/2 hours she had all 100 works of art taken!!
    Within the day, I had an email address for the person who had randomly be selected to get my art.  My person is Cathy Ortelle who lives North of San Francisco and is herself a fiber artist!  So after contacting her and getting her mailing address, I sent my little cardinal (with whom I had really gotten attached!) off to a new home!
     I made a label for the art and put a sleeve on it so Cathy wouldn't have to mess with doing that.

Close up

"Cardinal in the Snow" 

    
This is picture of my label. I wanted to be sure and have the legend of the Cardinal on it! I love Cardinals and have decided to finish up the wall hanging I started before this one...beading and all!  I hope Cathy likes my little guy as much as I do!!

2 comments:

  1. I love cardinals too. There's been a pair of them hanging around my yard this weekend. It's always exciting to spot one when looking out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being involved with this effort. I'm proud of you and loved this quilt. The new owner is a lucky person.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete