Sunday, February 19, 2017

A Busy Couple of Weeks

"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand." -Harry S. Truman

    As so many of us have shaken our heads and said..."It's going to be a long four years!" I have decided to become more proactive.  I have always voted as soon as I was old enough.  I wanted so badly to vote for John Kennedy but wasn't 21 yet...I had a year to go.  Yes, my children, we all had to be 21 way back then!  But with the current state of affairs, I find it very encouraging to see how many people, including myself, are becoming less complacent and more active.

I have joined three different Democratic Groups in the past three weeks.  First was the Stonewall Democrats of Tarrant County.  I have several friends already active members of this group.

Then the following week, I attended a meeting of the Southwest Fort Worth Democrats, another fine group of active Democrats...I couldn't find a website for them but this link will take you to their Facebook page and information about meetings.

Then just this morning, I attended the Tarrant County Democrats Women's Club...and I was blown away!  Great meeting...they reported that as of the first of January they had 146 members and at the end of meeting today they have a total of 505 members!!  And I was really pleased to see how many young women... 25-45 age group... were there! Wahoo!  We are Women, Hear us roar!!

Although I do want to support all of the organizations, I think I am going to find I have more of an appreciation for this group...I have to  rein in a bit or I won't be able to be effective anywhere!
     
        And another thing I have been working on is my scrappy tablecloth.  I did get it pieced but not quilted yet.

The piles of scrap fabric because I cannot throw anything away!
Starting to sort a little bit into color and size
More sorting
Getting on the wall
More on the wall!                              
And finally to the table!
So on Saturday night I hosted a Circle Supper with seven other people from my church and was able to set my table with my multi colored Fiesta ware and my new, very colorful table cloth!!! (Circle Suppers are a monthly affair....kind of a potluck kind of thing with lots of good food, good wine, and good company!)

10 comments:

  1. Love your Scrappy Tablecloth!! It's so cheerful!!
    Glad to hear of your Democratic involvement. If we don't act then we don't get to complain....or something like that....
    Dyanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went with the Tarrant county Democratic women on Jan. 21 to the Women's march in Austin. That's great news about their membership growing like it has. I love the tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary...yes it was very invigorating to see so many getting active...especially the younger gals!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful table cloth! I am happy that you are getting involved with politics. We are wanting to also. Real politics is just negotiating with our elected representatives to reflect our views. They will never do this unless make sure they know what they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Morris! I agree...it is time to get proactive!

      Delete
  4. Absolutely LOVE your "scrappy tablecloth" and love your "scrappy self" Jaye Dodds! You are an inspiration :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda!! Take that as a supreme complement!!!

      Delete
  5. I was fortunate enough to be one of the participants at Jaye's circle supper. The table cloth and setting were very festive, food was delicious, and the company exhilarating.I am so happy to be in the company of such wonderful people1

    ReplyDelete