Tuesday, May 3, 2011

No More Daily Challenges!

I kind of miss having my daily challenges with my daughter!  So I am going to just have to blog aimlessly!  We had the most wonderful rainfall for two days...Sunday and Monday, so my concern about wildfires are put to rest for awhile!

Last week, my studioQ group met.  We had the most fun making Spirit Dolls!  It seems kind of crazy for us ol' gals to sit around playing with paper dolls, but that is what keeps us young!


The little cutie in the middle is mine.  We put magnets on them so they could go on the refrigerator.

And I finished my Kaleidoscope quilt, all finished but for the sleeve and the label.  It is about 45" square.  I used much of the fabric I bought in Juneau a year and a half ago when we drove to Alaska!  Any fabric I purchase seems to need to "age" a little before I can cut into it!

I am going to name this quilt "Totem".

And today, we drove to Dallas with a couple of friends to see the Stickley/Craftsman exhibit at the DMA before it closes next weekend.  There was also an excellent display of North American Art...bead work, carvings, masks, etc.  from Indian tribes all over NA.  Then after lunch we went to the Nasher Sculpture Garden and Gallery...always a favorite place for me!



We and our friends like to think we are part of the wonderful world of art!!

1 comment:

  1. "We and our friends like to think we are part of the wonderful world of art!! " - You are! *G* I love the spirit dolls; nice rendition!

    ReplyDelete